How we use your information
Devoted & Disgruntled (D&D) is the name of a service that Improbable runs. It is a community tool for theatre and performing arts practitioners, and involves both live events and an online community and website featuring content created at the events.
We are Improbable Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 08561272 and registered address at the West Wing, Somerset House, WC2R 1LA. We’re also a charity with registered Charity Number 1155695.
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we hold about you and your rights about this.
You are a person:
- using the Devoted & Disgruntled website which is currently at www.devotedanddisgruntled.com
- signing up to our mailing list online or using a paper sign-up form
- filling out a paper feedback form
The information we may hold about you
What information we may hold about you:
- information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, feedback about our work)
- communications with us (for example, using the contact form on our website, by email)
- information about your purchases and interactions with our communications that we can access through the services we use to do this – currently Mailchimp, Eventbrite and Tickettailor
- your usage of the D&D website, for example, what you look at our access, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, information about your computer, including – where your browser provides this – your IP address, operating system and browser type
- the materials that you contribute to the D&D website, for example reports, comments, invitations and conversations – this is only if you are a registered user
How we will use information about you
We collect and hold information about you:
- if you are a registered user – to provide the D&D service to you and help us manage your account on it
- to help demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to organisations who fund us
- to manage the D&D site and service and improve them
- and, if you agree:
- to communicate with you about ourselves, our work and work from others that we think you might find interesting
- to help us sell more tickets or otherwise earn or raise money to support ourselves so that we are less dependent on funding.
Although we sometimes will tell you about work from others, we won’t pass information we hold about you to them – unless you explicitly give us your permission.
Materials that you submit to the D&D site will be published publicly on it, in some cases associated with information that identifies you personally. While we take some steps to prevent automated harvesting of email addresses, social media handles and / or website addresses from the D&D site we cannot guard against other people collecting from the materials you give us to publish there.
Information about you we use to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders is anonymised. So we do not share with them anything which identifies you.
Any feedback you give us we can use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission.
We may share information about you:
- with analytics providers for the purposes of improving our website
- with other organisations who help us deliver services to you
but this will always be under the same conditions as we are under.
What you get in return for your information
The value we aim to give you in return for you letting us use information about you is:
- to enable you to submit materials to the D&D website
- to let you know about when and where Devoted & Disgruntled events are on
- to let you know about other creative work that we think you may be interested in
- to give you the chance to buy tickets to our work ahead of the general public
- to be part of a community that shares values around our kind of work.
We would like to share with you updates about Devoted & Disgrunted, our events and work from others that we think you might find interesting.
We will only do this if you explicitly give us permission to do this. For example, we won’t add you to our mailing list if you just give feedback or contact us through the contact form.
You have the right to opt out at any time from us contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes, click the unsubscribe link of the bottom of the newsletter or email us.
Contacting us, access to your information and right of correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We may make a small charge for this service.
If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you – or otherwise want to contact us, please email or write to us at this address.
We want to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Your right to be forgotten
If you wish to be removed from the database of users of the D&D site, please email or write to us at this address.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer by a website when you use it to collect standard internet log information and information about the behaviour of visitors to that website.
We will use the information we collect as a result of you accepting a cookie from our site to track your use of the website and to compile reports on the use of the website overall by all visitors.
You can set up your browser not to accept cookies – and the websites above tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. In a few cases, some features of our website may not function fully as a result.
Our website contains links to other websites. If you follow links to other websites, you should read their privacy policies to see how they use information about you.
Things that could change in the future without us coming back to you to get your agreement or permission again:
- we could move our website to a different address
- we could change the services we use to sell tickets or do mailings.