MICHA: The Future of Theater
How Should the Actor of the Future Train and are There Some Differences between US and Europe?
Bernadette Wintsch-Heinen - 7 July 2014
REPORT DETAILBernadette and Mani
Chekhov is looking for theater of future and we think he’s looking for an inspired and alive theater. We would like to train the actors to be alive and inspired on stage. How can we get there?
- The actor has to find their authority.
- Ensemble work without director can be a possibility to achieve this.
- How long should the actor work? There are different possibilities ranging from six week to three years.
- There is a wish that the actor that the actor can create their own play and also can act in the given play.
- In the actor’s reality, it’s not easy to stay energized through the process of finding their own authority.
- In school, the actors must work a lot to awaken their imagination and their souls.
- They have to do homework, and there is a wish to find more directors they can collaborate with rather than being told what to do.
-How can the actor or student allow themselves to work without asking for permission? DO IT!
- Ragnar: put the discipline at the right places, and find out what they are. Don’t put the discipline in places that need to be free, but do not put the freedom in places that need structure.
- The school has to be a place where you do not have to be good but willing to learn and to work.
- The actor does not have to be good but has to know what they do.
- The teachers interest in the student’s work gives students encouragement and courage and they develop their own authority
- How can the teacher act more as a partner and collaborator than an authority figure?
ADD A NEW COMMENT
24 January 20150 Read in full
Theatre companies can sometimes feel as though they exist in a vacuum, how can we encourage them to work with one another to challenge/build upon their practice?
10 April 20140 Read in full
18 July 20140 Read in full
8 September 20120 Read in full
14 May 20140 Read in full
23 December 20150 Read in full
6 October 20120 Read in full
28 February 20140 Read in full
8 September 20140 Read in full
10 January 20160 Read in full
OTHER REPORTS FOR THIS EVENT
8 July 20140 Read in full
10 July 20140 Read in full
Click here to download a single PDF of this D&D sessionDOWNLOAD REPORT
ADD A REPORT
Add a report of a session you participated in at the D&DADD A REPORT
JOIN THE SITE
Join the site to be part of the D&D community, write reports, comment, book tickets and create an invitationSIGN UP