MICHA: The Future of Theater
How Can We Make a Show at MICHA?
Lionel Walsh - 7 July 2014
WHO WAS THERE
REPORT DETAILHow Can We Make a Show at MICHA
Conveners: Laura Standley and Lionel Walsh
Note Taker: Sean Cackoski
4:00 – 5:30, Day 1, The Tree
First Question: should we do a show?
Desire among participants to do so.
Concern expressed that it would be a lot of work in addition to participating in workshops
Others felt they could handle it if conditions were correct
1. participants opt for The Pause and use the time to rehearse a short play (30 – 40 minutes).
2. possible to use 10 minute plays that would require minimal rehearsal
3. possible to use 2 minute plays from “Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind” by the Neo-Futurists. This way, it would not require people to take The Pause. They could simply use breaks and evenings to rehearse
4. possible to create a devised piece
5. possible to look at the stories of Anton Chekhov as a source for a play: www.eldrtichpress.org: 201 stories by Anton Chekhov
6. possible play is Afterplay by Brian Friel. It is 40 minutes long. Could look also at The Lady with Lapdog
A director could ask individuals s/he is interested in casting in a show they have chosen
An actor or group of actor could ask someone to direct them in a play they are interested in doing
A public call could go out to membership of MICHA.
Yon: his concern is when will I be ready to use the technique? This would be a way to experiment with the technique with experienced people without the pressures of a show produced for a paying public audience
Laura also noted that her group (Blue) felt they got to a place where they would have been willing to share the work but also felt a little intimidated at the prospect.
Craig mentioned that in the past there has been sharing of the work done in class and it was a lovely experience.
ADD A NEW COMMENT
14 May 20140 Read in full
17 April 20140 Read in full
11 July 20123 Read in full
11 February 201324 Read in full
15 March 20140 Read in full
11 January 20150 Read in full
11 April 20160 Read in full
12 May 20140 Read in full
24 October 20123 Read in full
14 July 20140 Read in full
OTHER REPORTS FOR THIS EVENT
8 July 20140 Read in full
7 July 20140 Read in full
10 July 20140 Read in full
Click here to download a single PDF of this D&D sessionDOWNLOAD REPORT
ADD A REPORT
Add a report of a session you participated in at the D&DADD A REPORT
JOIN THE SITE
Join the site to be part of the D&D community, write reports, comment, book tickets and create an invitationSIGN UP